Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stuffed Brinjal

Ingredients
3 Brinjal
1 tsp Mustard seeds
3 tsp Oil
For the stuffing
2 tsp Grated Coconut
2 piece Tamarind
2 Red Chilly
Little Turmeric Powder
Little Asafotedia
Salt
Method
Grind all the above stuffed ingredients and make a fine powder. Do not add water, if need add few drops of water. Keep aside.
Wash the brinjals. Do not remove the stem. Slit brinjals towards the stem side vertically and horizantally like a plus sign and don't slit them all the way through. Fill the brinjals with the stuff. Now heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Now place the stuffed brinjals over it. Cover and cook on medium heat by turning the brinjal occasionally to ensure even cooking.

2 comments :

Dori said...

I love stuffed eggplant, and I really like your recipe! I'm bookmarking and trying as soon as I find the perfect little eggplants :)

anudivya said...

Valarmathi, nice one... I stuff the brinjals with idli podi (molagai podi) and it turns out beautiful as well. Saves time for my lazy self!