Sunday, November 30, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Cauliflower Florets - 2 cups
Onion - 2, chopped
Tomato - 2, chopped
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Coriander powder - 2 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Grated coconut - 1/2 cupTo Make Paste
Cinnamon - 2 sticks
Cloves - 2
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Whole Pepper corns - 1 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1/2 tspMethod
- Boil water along with salt and turmeric powder. Put cauliflower florets in it and leave it for 15 Min's. Drain the water and keep aside.
- Blend coconut to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, fry the chopped onions till it becomes golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste,the grounded paste and all the powders to it and saute until the raw smell goes.
- Then add the tomato and saute for 2 Min's.
- Then add cauliflower florets to it. Add enough water to cook cauliflower and add salt.
- When cauliflower gets cooked, add the coconut paste to it and mix well.
- Let it be in simmer for 5 Min's and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapathi.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
- Mix rice and moong dal. Wash it and keep aside.
- Cut green chillies and ginger into fine pieces , smash garlic pods, crush black pepper and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker, add cashew nuts to it.
- Then add cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and pepper to it.
- When all splutters add rice and moong dal and add 3 cups of water to it.
- Finally add salt to it. Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Serve with coconut chutney, sambhar and vada.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Baby Potatoes - 1/4 kg
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Onion - 1
Tomato puree - 1/4 cup
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam Masala powder - 1/4 tsp
A pinch of turmeric powder
Coriander leaves few
To make Tomato puree
- Bring a potful of water to boil.
- Add the tomatoes and turn off the heat. Let them be in the hot boiling water for 4-5 Min's.
- Then remove the tomatoes to a cold water bath. The peel should come off easily.
- Peel the skin. Take these peeled tomatoes to a blender and blend it to a fine paste. Don't add water.
- If u want to preserve this for long duration add some teaspoons of cooking vinegar to it and fill up in bottle and refrigerate it.
- Boil potatoes with salt, peel the skin and keep aside.
- Cut onions into chunks and put it a blender and make a fine paste and keep side.
- In a pan add 2 tsp oil, add mustard seeds, when pops out add curry leaves to it.
- Add onion paste, tomato puree, ginger garlic paste and all the powders and mix well. Add little water to it and cook for 4 to 5 Min's or till the raw smell goes.
- Now add the boiled potatoes to it. When the paste becomes thick, add chopped coriander leaves to it and switch off the flame. Serve with rice.
Ramya vijaykmar of Memory Archieved passed me the "Hard Working Blogger Award'.
Thank you dear for the award.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Now over to my recipe for today