Boiled Potatoes - 4
Green Chillies - 3
Ginger - 1" piece
Coriander leaves - few
Ingredients for Batter
Besan Flour / Chickpea flour - 1 cup
Oil for deep frying
- Boil and mash the potatoes coarsely.
- Chop onion, green chillies and ginger very finely and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add onions, green chillies, ginger and fry for few Min's till it turn golden brown and then add salt to it and mix well.
- Now add mashed potatoes to it and mix well. Finally add chopped coriander leaves to it.
- Allow the potato mixture to cool down and then make round balls.
- Mix all the ingredients for batter with water to form a hick and smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok for deep frying.
- Dip each of the potato balls in the batter and deep fry until golden brown in color.
- Drain on paper and serve it with chutney / tomato ketchup.