Chicken - 1/4 kg
Shallots - 100 gms
Coconut grated - 1/4 cup
Dry red chillies - 6 to 7
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Peppercorns - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Coriander powder - 3 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - few
Oil - 3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok, add cumin seeds, peppercorns, curry leaves, dry red chillies, shallots and fry for 2 Min's.
- Then add coconut to it and mix well. To it add coriander powder and fry for 2 Min's.
- Allow it to cool. Then grind it to a fine paste.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a wok add mustard seeds to it. After it splutters add chicken to it and saute for 2 to 3 Min's.
- Then add ground masala paste and enough water for the chicken to cook.
- After the chicken gets cooked and the gravy becomes thick, add chopped coriander leaves to it.
- Serve with idlis / Dosa / Rotis.