- Channa Dal - 1 cup
- Cinnamon - 2 sticks
- Cloves - 4
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- Red Chillies - 6
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Ginger - 1" piece
- Coriander Leaves - Few
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Wash and soak Channa Dal for 2 hrs and drain the water completely and keep aside.
- Grind together cinnamon, cloves, fennel seeds, garlic, ginger and red chillies.
- Add channa dal to it and grind coarsely.
- Then add onions to it and grind them only for a second or two.
- Transfer to a bowl and add chopped coriander leaves and salt to it and mix well.
- Make small balls out of the mixture and keep on the palm and pat them to form a circle.
- Fry them in oil till golden brown on both sides
- Serve with tomato kethcup or coconut chuteny.