Garlic pods, peeled - 1 cup
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Onion, chopped - 1
Tomato, chopped - 2
Tamarind - Lemon sized
Red Chillies - 3
Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 3 tsp
Coriander leaves - few
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
- Soak tamarind in water for 10 Min's and extract a cup of tamarind juice from it and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds to it, after it splutters add red chillies to it.
- Add the chopped onions to it and fry till they are golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes and fry till they become soft.
- Add garlic, turmeric powder, chilly powder and coriander powder to it and mix well.
- Then add tamarind juice, 1 cup of water and salt to it.
- Cook the gravy till it becomes thick and garlic are soft.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it.
And this goes to Meals on Wheels hosted by LG of Taste of Mysore.