Urad dal vada, an extremely common yet much loved south indian snack. I planned to make Pongal for breakfast today. Pongal without urad dal vada, its impossible for my hubby. My hubby says pongal tastes divine with these vadas. Ya i agree with him. Here is the delicious vada
- Urad Dal/ - 2 cups
- Onion - 1
- Green Chillies - 2
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Pepper Corns - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Soak urad dal for 2 to 3 hrs and drain the water completely.
- Grind the batter to a smooth paste,, don't add water while grinding.
- Then add onion, green chillies, curry leaves, salt, cumin seeds, peppercorns to it an mix well.
- Dip your hands in water and take a small ball sized batter and keep it on the palm and pat it to form a circle.
- Make a hole in the center of the patted batter.
- Fry the patted batter in oil till golden brown on both sides.
- Now the vadas are ready to serve, serve hot with coconut chutney.