Ragi is quite common in our house. I always try to incorporate ragi in our food menu regularly. I make lot of healthy dishes with this like dosa, vada, rotis, sevai......then comes ragi pakoda. Ragi pakoda is a healthy snack made of ragi flour with finely chopped onions. In addition i added chopped spinach leaves to it. Ragi pakoda wiil be much tastier when u add more onions to it. So when u make this don't forget to add more onions to it. Here comes the recipe.
- Ragi flour - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 large
- Spinach leaves - 1 small bunch
- Green chillies - 2
- Red Chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
- Finely chop the onions, green chillies and spinach leaves.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients with little water except oil. The mixture should be neither thick nor thin. Make sure you don't add more water to it.
- Heat oil in a kadai, drop a spoonful of mixture to it. Repeat this with the remaining mixture.
- Serve hot with tea.