Want to prepare some quick side dish for lunch. Here it is - Raw Plantain fry/ Vazhaikai Varuval is a simple side dish to make and it is great with variety rice, rice with sambar/rasam/curd.This is everyone's favorite at our home.Here comes the recipe.
- Raw Plantain/Banana - 1
- Chilly powder - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Rice Flour - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Wash and peel the skin and cut the raw plantain into thin rounds.
- In a bowl mix chilly powder, turmeric powder, rice flour, salt with little water and make a paste.
- Add the plantain slices to the bowl and mix well so that the paste coats well to the slices and keep aside for 10 Min's.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep fry the plantain slices till it turns brown and crispy.
- Serve with rice and sambar/dal/rasam/curd.