- Beetroot - 1, medium sized
- Black Chickpeas - 50 gms
- Shallots - 10 nos
- a pinch of Asafoetida
- Dry Red Chillies - 5
- Curry leaves - few
- Coconut grated - 3 tbsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1tbsp
- Soak the black channa overnight and pressure cook them and keep aside.
- Wash and peel the beetroot and chop into pieces, either pressure cook or add required water to it and cook until soft.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds let it splutter then add asafoedtida, then add dry red chillies, curry leaves to it and fry till it changes it color.
- Add the chopped shallots and fry till it turns translucent.
- Next add the cooked beetroot, black chickpeas and salt to it and stir well and fry for 2 Min's
- Switch off the flame and add the grated coconut to it and give a stir. Serve with rice and sambhar/rasam/curd.