Winter is upon us, nothing is much better than a hot cup of tea on cold winter days.In India,Tea is the most popular beverage. There are many versions and one such is Ginger tea. It has a spicy taste and also it is a good remedy for cold, flu, sore throat etc.. Treat yourself to a piping hot cup of ginger tea after a long workday out. It refreshes your body and your soul.
- 2 cups of Water
- 1" piece Ginger root minced or crushed
- 2 tsp of Tea leaves / powder
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3 tbsp of Sugar
Serve tea hot with your favourite snack and oneof my favorite tea time snack is Spicy puffed rice.This is light,healthy, tasty tea time snack to munch on.Click for the recipe here.
- Pour water in asauce pan and add the ginger to it. Boil the ginger in water 1 Min.
- Reduce the flame and add the tea leaves/powder to it and increase the flame and bring it to a boil and simmer for 3 Min's.
- Pour the milk to it and simmer for 30 seconds.
- In a separate vessel place the sugar. With the help of a strainer pour the tea to the vessel with sugar.
- Pour the tea from distance to another vessel to produce foam on the tea and also the sugar is dissolves.
- Serve hot with your favorite tea time snack.
Serves : 2