Muffins are quick bread that are baked in small portions. They are often served for breakfast along with coffee or tea . There are many varieties and flavors of muffin. I tried this banana and strawberry muffin from Joy of Baking. They are very quick and easy to make. These two fruits banana and strawberry really go well together. Here is the recipe.
- 100 gms unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 large or 1 cup of ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chop them into bite sized pieces
- 295 gms of Plain flour, sifted
- 160 gms Castor Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder,
- 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat he oven to 170 degree C.
- Melt the butter in sauce and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, sugar , vanilla extract and mashed banana. Add the melted to it and combine them.
- In a another bowl add sifted plain flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, sugar and salt.
- Gently fold in the chopped strawberries to it.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine them. Donot over mix the batter and this will result in hard muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly in the muffins cups lined in muffin trays and bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 Min's.
- When done transfer the muffins to wire rack and cool.