Honey and almond cake - This is one of the easiest cake recipe and also very delicious, moist and dense. The best part about this recipe is that no need beating or bringing the butter to room temperature. Just melt all the wet ingredients in a saucepan and finally add the flour, mix and bake. That's it very easy. When you have a last minute guests then this recipe is just the ticket.
- 75 gms of unsalted Butter, plus extra for greasing
- 55 gms / 2 oz Sugar
- 3 oz of Honey
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 110 gms / 4 oz Self-Raising flour
- 15 gms Almonds, chopped or Almond flakes
- warmed honey to glaze
- Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius. Grease 5-inch square cake with butter and line the base with parchment or butter paper.
- Place the butter, honey, sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Do not boil it.
- Remove the pan from the heat and quickly beat in the egg with the help of a wooden spoon. Add the sifted flour and stir lightly and evenly. Pour the batter in the prepared tin.
- Scatter the almond flakes or chopped almonds over the top and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 Min's until risen, firm and golden brown in color.Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 15 Min's, then turn and cool completely. Brush with warm honey Cut into slices and serve.