Hi friends hope you are all doing great. Today post is about simple chutney recipe for rice. This is mostly served as side dish for rice. When you are short of much vegetables or don' t have time to make curry/ poriyal for rice .....then this is an excellent choice. This chutney goes very well with variety rice too. I love to have this with rasam rice or even you can have with plain white rice.
- 3 Dry red chillies
- 50 gms of Toor Dal
- 1 small Gooseberry sized Tamarind
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated Coconut
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 inch Ginger piece
- 2 Curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Sal to taste
- Heat oil in a kadai, when hot add dry red chillies and fry for few seconds. Then add toor dal and fry till it changes to golden brown in color.
- Add grated coconut and when it starts changing colour add garlic, curry leaves and tamarind, sauté for 10 seconds and immediately switch off the flame and leave it to cool.
- Then grind it with little water and salt to a semi coarse paste and serve with rice.