If it is monsoon then it has got to be corn. Yes its that time of the year again to relish some corn recipes. Today post is baby corn fritters. I cooked up this dish over the weekend as a evening snack. A perfect appetizer that are crispy ,crunchy and they are simple to make and delectable to eat. In this recipe baby corn are cut into halves and are coated with flour and spice mixture and deep fried till they turn crispy and golden brown. I like to have with yogurt dip.Just mix salt and yogurt and serve. And also this can be served as tea / coffee time snack. Go ahead and cook yourself a corny treat this monsoon.
- 1/4 kg( 250 gms) Baby Corn
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil for deep frying
To be mixed into a thick batter
- 3 full tbsp Plain flour
- 1 full tbsp Corn flour
- 1/4 cup of Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin powder
- a pinch of Asofoetida
- finely chopped few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Wash the baby corn and cut them lengthwise into half and combine with salt and mix well and keep aside for 5 Min's. Drain out if excess water.
- Prepare the batter with above said ingredients into a thick consistency.
- Combine the baby corns with the batter/ paste and keep aside for 10 Min's.
- Heat oil in a wok/ kadai on a ' medium flame' and deep fry the babycorn till it is golden brown in color.
- Place them on tissue paper and serve hot.
- Also sending this recipe to Lets Cook : Starters/ Appetizers event by Radhika of Tickling Palates