A cake like type bread that is made from fully ripen bananas and raisins. It is very moist, sweet and easy to make. Whenever you have any leftover overripe bananas..donot throw away...try this recipe...sure you will like it. Serve this bread slice lightly toasted with butter for a morning breakfast recipe or like a snack in the evening.
The flavours of cinnamon, banana and the sweetness of raisins combined together and gives a wonderful taste. Whenever i bake this recipe, it never goes wrong. So next time when you have some overripe bananas on your kitchen counter, grab them and try this recipe.
- 115 gms Maida Flour
- 75 gms Castor Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon powder
- 60 gms Raisins
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 55 gms Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 small sized Bananas( approx 220 gms )
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius.Grease a 5 x 3 inch loaf tin with butter and dust with flour or line with parchment and keep aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder, salt and raisins
- In an another bowl combine mashed bananas, egg, melted butter, vanilla essence.
- With wooden spoon,combine the wet ingredients into dry ingredients until the batter is thick and chunky. Do not over mix the batter.
- Bake for 50 Min's till it becomes golden brown and tooth pick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Place on the wire rack and allow it to cool and then remove from the pan and serve warm.
Also sending this recipe to Bake Along Challenge #5 Banana by Resh of Daily Cuppa
And also to Bake Fest by Foodmania, event started by Vardhini of Cook joy