A simple and easy cookie recipe with whole wheat flour. My neighbour asked me a cookie recipe with whole wheat flour and without baking soda....I thought first i would try myself and tell her the recipe bcos i'm not sure how the output will be, with wheat flour. To my surprise it came out crispy and perfect cookies. I gave my neighbour friend some cookies along with the recipe... she was very happy... i hope now she can bake some healthy cookies for her daughter by herself. Try this cookie recipe that satisfies a sweet tooth with a little less guilt.
- 225 gms unsalted Butter, softened
- 250 gms Wheat flour
- 50 gms Cocoa powder
- 110 gms light Brown sugar
- 100 gms Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.
- In a large wide bowl beat the butter until soft with the help of a hand mixer. Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Sift the wheat flour and cocoa powder in an another bowl and combine them together. Add the flour mixture in additions to the butter mixture and bring the dough together.
- Mix in chocolate chips together to form a dough. Cover and keep the dough inside the fridge for 15 Min's.
- Use your hands roll the dough into even sized balls and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and flatten them lightly on top with the help of your fingers and bake in the oven for 15Min's or until slightly firm.
- Carefully transfer the cookies to wire rack to cool.