Aloo Bhindi is a simple side dish recipe yet very delicious too.Whenever i get ladiesfinger from market, i usually end up frying it. This time i thought of making stir fry with it. Also i had leftover boiled baby potatoes in my fridge. So i thought i will combine with bhindi. It was absolutely delicious. Enjoyed this side dish with ridgegourd sambar, rasam and curd.
- 1 Onion, medium sized, chopped
- 1 Tomato, medium sized, chopped
- 1/2 kg Lady Fingers / Okra / Bhindi
- 50 gms of Boiled Baby Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Channa Dal / Split Chick Peas
- a pinch of Turmeric powder,
- 3 Green Chllies, slit
- 1 tbsp of Hudson Canola Oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed kadai/wok, when hot add channa dal and fry, then add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add onions, green chillies and fry till it becomes light golden brown in colour.
- Next add tomatoes and stir fry till it turns soft.
- Add the chopped ladies finger to it and mix well, cover the oak with a lid and continue stir fry for 12 minutes or until the ladies finger are 3/4th done. In between sprinkle water and continue stir frying it.
- Then add the boiled potatoes to it, and saute for 3 minutes or until bhindi is completely cooked.
- Serve with rice or roti.