Summer is here!!!! And there is nothing more refreshing than fresh watermelon juice on a hot summer day. I love watermelon and it is one of my favourite summer fruit.
Now watermelon season is everywhere. I often make juice or lemonade with this. This time i tried to infuse the basil leaves to my regular watermelon lemonade recipe. I simply loved the delicate flavour of basil in the watermelon lemonade. Try this, you will enjoy!!.
- 5 cups of Watermelon,chopped,skin removed
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 5 Basil Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Black Salt
- Place watermelon and basil leaves in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon puree through a sieve to a large bowl, reserving liquid and discard solids.
- Combine lemon juice and black salt in an another bowl.
- Then mix with watermelon liquid.
- Refrigerate until chill and give it a stir before pouring in glasses.
- You can substitute sugar instead of black salt.
- If you don't have basil leaves use Mint leaves instead.