Baby corn gravy/curry made in pressure cooker. I love to cook all of my gravies/curries in pressure cooker, so that it can be done in few minutes with less effort. One of the advantage of cooking gravies in pressure cooker is, it requires less oil to cook and also can be made in jiffy. So here is the delicious coconut based baby corn gravy made much easier & faster using pressure cooker.
Preparation Time : 10 Min's | Cooking Time: 15 Min's approx | Serves 3 persons
Baby Corn gravy - Pressure Cooker method
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped and ground to a paste
- 2 Tomatoes, roughly chopped and ground to a paste
- 6 nos of Baby Corn, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp grated coconut, ground to a paste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1"inch Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cardamom Pods
- 2 Cloves
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in pressure cooker, when hot add cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamom pods and fry them.Add ground onion paste to it and fry it in the oil for one minute.
- Add ground tomato paste to it and saute till all the water evaporates from the tomato and become thick.
- Next add ginger garlic paste and all the spice powder and mix well.
- Next add the chopped babycorns to it and mix well.Then add the ground coconut paste and 1 cup of water to it and mix well.
- Finally add the required amount of salt and mix well and pressure cook for three whistles.Serve with phulkas, chappathi and rice/pulaos.