Today's recipe is Soyachunks and Vegetable Pulao. Since Soyachunks are a great source of protein, i always try to include this in as many dishes i could. In this recipe i have used only the whole spices and a lil garam masala at the end. This pulao is easy to make and it is perfect for the lunchbox recipe.Serve this pulao with simple onion raitha.
Preparation Time : 30 Min's | Cooking Time : 30 Min's | Serves 2 persons
- 1 cup Basmati Rice or Boiled Rice
- 1 cup Soya Chunks/ Mealmaker
- 1 Onion, Medium sized, Chopped
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 2 or 3 Cardamom pods
- 1 Carrot, finely chopped
- 3 or 4 Beans, finely chopped
- 3 Green chillies, slit
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala (optional)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Soak the rice and soyachunks/meal maker in a separate bowl for half an hour.
- Drain and cook the rice with 2 cups of water in a pan and strain the water in a colander and allow it to cool completely and keep aside.
- When the rice is cooling, chop the onion and vegetables and keep aside.
- Drain the water from soyachunks and also squeeze the excess water from it and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a wok or a pan, add the soyachunks or meal makemaker and fry them in oil for one minute. Remove it from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add all the whole spices and fry for 10 seconds.
- Next add the chopped onion, green chillies and fry till the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the veggies and stir fry on a low flame for 3 Min's.
- Add the soychunks, pepper powder, garam masala and salt. Mix well and saute for one minute.
- Finally add the cooked rice and gently mix. Serve hot with onion raitha.