Who doesn't love Strawberries......the cute little sweety and tarty fruit. Whenever strawberries are in season i will try to do as much as recipes with it. So today's recipe is Strawberry Compote. This is easy to prepare and it take only few minutes to prepare this. Definitely kids will love this. Instead of buying strawberry jam from outside you can make this at home and store it in a glass jar and keep it in the fridge.
This strawberry compote is a perfect and delicious accompaniment which can be served as a topping for desserts like cheese cake, trifles, icecreams, cakes etc.... and also you can serve with pancakes, swirl in yogurt and also can be spread on bread slices.
PreparationTime: 5 Min's | Cooking Time : 5 min's
- 1 packet Strawberries
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- Zest from 1 Lemon (optional)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract ( optional )
- Juice from half a lemon
- Wash ,Core and quarter the strawberries for the compote.
- In a saucepan toss in strawberries, along with sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Cook them in a medium flame and keep stirring until the sugar melts and bring it to a simmer
- Cover the pan and cook them for 2 or 3 more minutes until it becomes thick and glossy.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and store it in a airtight sealed glass jar.
- The compote can be stored in the fridge for upto 3 weeks.
- You can even add either cinnamon powder or cardamom powder or lill chill powder for the extra zing.
- Once it cools you can either puree the mixture or smash it with help of a wooden/steel masher.
- You can even thin out the compote with enough water and pour on your favourite recipe.