Are you looking for a super yummy low fat/calorie version of a home made carrot cake recipe, then try out this recipe. Trust me you will love this cake. It's low fat, but delicious! This cake is wonderfully moist and delicious. Trust me you will love this cake. One of my all time favourite cake. I feel a lil less guilt while enjoying a slice ;-) .
I have used plain flour in this recipe. But if you want it make more healthier you can substitute whole wheat flour or half quantity whole wheat and half plain flour. It's up to your choice. Also feel free to substitute any nuts of your choice.
Preparation Time : 15 Min's/ Baking Time : 45 Min's
Reference : Good Eating Baking
- 175 ml Olive Oil
- 175g Brown Sugar
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 175 g Grated Carrots
- 3 Eggs, Beaten
- 1 tsp bicorbanate of soda
- 50 g Raisins
- 20 g Walnut pieces
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp grated Nutmeg
- grated rinds of 1 Orange (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celcius. Grease and dust the 12 " bundt pan.
2. In a large bowl beat together the oil, sugar and eggs.
3. Next stir grated carrots, raisins, walnuts and orange rinds.
4. Sift together flour, bicorbanate of soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and then stir evenly into the carrot mixture.
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared bundt pan and bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 min's until the skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Once the cake is done remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire rack for 5 min's.
7. After that turn the cake on to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled cut the cake and serve them.