Broken wheat is something you must add to your kitchen stocks. It contains fibre and protein and rich in iron, vitamin B etc. Also known as bulgar, burghul wheat or dalia. I made halwa, cardamom falvoured dessert with broken wheat. And here is the lipsmacking halwa recipe :)
This is going to participate in " FIL - Ghee " event hosted by Sanghi and " CFK - Kids " Event hosted by sireesha.
- Broken Wheat - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 7 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Warm Milk - 1/4 cup
- Cashew nuts - few
- Add 1/2 tbsp ghee to the pan and fry cashew nuts till golden brown in color and keep aside.
- In the same pan heat the remaining ghee and roast the broken wheat, stirring continuously for 2 Min's.
- Meanwhile heat 3 cups of water in another pan.
- Add the warm water to the broken wheat and reduce the flame and cook, stirring occasionally till the wheat is almost done.
- Next add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook on low flame till the ghee separates and then add milk to it and heat again and cook till the milk gets absorbed.
- Garnish with fried cashew nuts and serve.