Spicy Potato is one of my favorite dish. This is easy, tasty, spicy that goes perfectly with variety rice or with steaming rice and dhal or curd rice. It is perfect for lunch box or picnic. Here comes the recipe.
- 1/2 kg Potatoes
- 1 Onion, medium sized, peeled and chopped
- Few Curry leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp of oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 4 pods of Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger piece
- 2 Dry red chillies
- 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp of Black Peppercorns
- Wash and peel the skin and pressure cook the potatoes or boil in water untill its cooked and cut into quarters and keep aside
- Grind the ingredients mention under to grind to a coarse paste and keep.
- Heat oil in a wok, when hot add the chopped onions and cook till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Next add the chopped curry leaves to it and fry for a second.
- Then add the paste and little water say about 30 ml and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Then add the potato cubes and cook for 3 Min's.
- Serve with hot rice