Fresh green peas are winter season crop. During winter I always use fresh green peas in cooking. As winter is still with us, i enjoyed making this simple green peas soup. More than easy and convenient, i can say its a one pot meal. Just pop onion, peas and some spices into the pressure cooker, blend it and enjoy with bread toast or sandwich etc.
- 1 cup Fresh Green Peas
- 1 Onion, medium sized, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Pepper corns
- a pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 1 tsp of Corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Mix the corn flour to 1/2 cup of water and keep aside.
- Melt and heat the butter in the pressure cooker.
- Add cumin seeds and peppercorns to it and saute for 15 seconds.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till it turns translucent.
- Then add peas, 1 cup of water, turmeric powder and salt to it and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- After the pressure is released transfer the mixture to the blender and blend till smooth.( If you find excess water after cooking, strain the mixture and then blend in the mixer.)
- Transfer the pea puree again to the pressure cooker and add the prepared 1/2 cup of corn flour water to it and bring to a boil. (if you want soup to be little more thin, add little more water to it).