Rachel Allen is popular TV Chef and author of best selling cookbooks. I recently rented her Rachel Allen 'Bake' cookbook. This book was very well written, easy to read and easy to make recipes.Also this book includes beautiful food photographs and step by step instructions for some of the recipes. I really enjoyed reading her book and tried some recipes from this book. One of the recipe i tried is her basic cookie recipe. She have mentioned many variations to the cookie recipe like adding poppy seeds,mixed spice, chocolate chips, cardamom powder, dried fruits etc. Her basic cookie recipe is a great basis for many great flavourful combinations.I tried the variation of adding only coco powder to the basic cookie recipe. And it just came out perfect, crunchy and yummy on my first try itself. Here is the recipe.
- 250 gms (9 oz)Plain Flour
- 50 gms (2 oz) Cocoa Powder
- 225 gms (8 oz) Butter
- 110 gms (4 oz) Caster Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160 degree C.
- Sift the flour and coco powder in a bowl and keep aside
- In an another large bowl beat the butter until soft with the help of a hand mixer.
- Add the sugar and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and bring the mixture together to form a dough.
- Cover and keep the dough inside the fridge for 15 Min's.
- Use your hands roll the dough into even sized balls and place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and flatten them lightly on top with the help of your fingers and bake in the oven for 8 to 10 Min's or until they are light golden brown and slightly firm.
- Carefully transfer the cookies to wire rack to cool.