A simple and green color side dish made with potatoes and red sorrel leaves. In this recipe the potatoes are simmered and sauteed in red sorrel leaves puree along with some spices. I always try to incorporate greens in my recipe, that's how i came with this idea. Today i bought red sorrel leaves and decided to cook along with potato. I chose potato because of its versatility. The sorrel leaves have a lemony tangy flavour and goes well with potato. I love eating this with curd rice. Try this healthy recipe, sure you will like it.
- 1/4 kg Potato
- 1 small bunch of Gongura leaves
- 1 Onion, small sized, chopped roughly
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2 or 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Coriander seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tbsp Oil
- Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into cubes and microwave for 10 minutes or cook in pressure cooker or in boiling water and keep aside.
- Separate the gongura leaves from the stem and wash it and drain and blanch them and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in kadai/wok, when hot add onion and green chillies and saute till light golden brown in color.
- Then add coriander seeds to it and saute it.
- Add gongura leaves to it and cook till its done and all the water evaporates.
- Cool it and grind along with salt in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same kadai/wok, when hot add the gongura paste mixture and cooked potatoes with lil water to it.
- Saute it till the paste becomes thick and well coated to the potatoes.
- Serve with curd rice.