I got this wonderful recipe from the book 'frame>by>frame Baking' from parragon books. I love this book because of frame by frame pictures. I tried this Cinnamon squares from the book and made lil changes. As i dont have sour cream i substituted lemon juice plus cream to it and also one more change i used flax seeds instead of sunflower seeds. I loved the sweet taste and flavour of cinnamon in it. They came out absolutely perfect.. light crust, crunchy on the top and soft inside. I simply loved the burst of cinnamon flavor in every bite.
Try this friends you will surely love it. And here is the recipe for 'Cinnamon Squares with Flax seeds' with step by step pictures.
- 75 gms/ 3 oz softened Butter
- 110 gms / 4 oz Castor Sugar
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 110 gms/ 4 oz Self-raising flour
- 1/2 tbsp Cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 55 gms/ 2 oz Cream+1 tbsp Lemon juice mixed together (you can substitute Sour Cream)
- 25gms/ 1 oz Flax seeds
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.Gradually add the eggs beating thoroughly after each addition.
3. Then sift the flour, cinnamon powder and bicarbonate of soda into the cream mixture and fold with the metal spoon.
4.Mix in the cream, lemon juice and flax seeds and combine them.Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the surface with the back of the spoon.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 Min's. After baking, remove from the oven and allow it to cool.Then flip and transfer to a wire rack. Cut hem into 9 squares and serve.
Used 5x5 inch square tin
Makes 9 sqaures
Reference: frame>by>fame baking from Parragon books