I was craving some cookies and decided to bake on my own and i came across this pumpkin cookie recipe from Joy of Baking. With a few little changes, i have made them my own. Just made these cookies with my own home made pumpkin puree and freshly ground spices, they were wonderful and turned out fantastic. These cookies are something different, the consistency is more cake-like than cookie. The earthy flavour of pumpkin and the spices added are complementary to each other. The chocolate chips added makes them more special and yumm. If you like pumpkin, you will definitely like these cookies.
- 75 gms Self Raising flour
- 1/2 tbsp spice mixture (includes ground cinnamon, ground cloves, nutmeg powder, grated ginger)
- a pinch of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Egg white from 1 egg
- 75 gms of dark/light brown Sugar
- 40 ml Sunflower Oil
- 65 gms Pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla extract
- 30 gms Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 165 degree Celsius and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, spice mixture, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
- In an another bowl beat egg and sugar together with the help of hand mixer say for about 2 minutes until light and smooth.
- Next beat in oil, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree.
- Add the flour mixture and beat just until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips to the batter and drop by spoonful on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 to 20 Min's or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cookie comes out clean.
- Transfer to the wire rack, cool completely and serve.
*The consistency of the cookie dough should be more like batter.