Prawns are my favorite. This stir fried prawns will give you both spicy and sour taste. This sour, tangy flavour is characteristic of many Thai dishes and gives you a great taste. Really friends once you cook this, you wont end up in first time.Ingredients
- Prawns - 1/4 kg
- Dry Red Chillies - 7 to 8
- Onion, small one - 1, chopped finely
- Garlic - 5 cloves, chopped finely
- Shallots - 3, sliced
- Tamarind Juice - 100 ml, made by mixing tamarind paste with warm water
- Thai Fish Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Spring Onions to garnish
- Heat a wok, do not add oil at this stage, add dry red chillies and dry fry them. Do not let them burn. Set them aside to cool.
- Add the oil now to the wok, add the chopped garlic, onion, shallots to it and fry for 2 - 3 Min's or until golden brown.
- Next add the fish sauce, red chillies, tamarind juice and stir. Bring it to boil and then lower the heat slightly.
- Add the prawns and little water, cook in the lower flame until the prawns are cooked. Garnish with spring onions ans serve.
* Rub the prawns with salt twice or thrice to avoid smell and wash thoroughly. Wash it three to four times otherwise it will taste very salty.
*If needed only add salt, because while cleaning the prawns we have used salt. Taste it and accordingly add the salt.
*Leave a few prawns in their shells only the tail part for a garnish, if you like.