A few weeks ago on one sunday I said to him that i am bored of eating chicken masala and also said i don't want to eat deep fried things also. Then he said ok and told that he will cook for me... i cooked biriyani and he cooked this chicken fry...i would definitely say this is the best chicken recipe i ever tasted before. He made this several times by now, but still I'm not bored of it. The thing i liked the most in this recipe is the flavor of the fennel seeds and secondly the crunchiness of almonds.
- Chicken Breast - 1/4 kg
- Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
- Chilly powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Egg White - from 1 egg
- Almonds - 6 nos, roughly chopped
- Curry leaves - 4 sprigs, finely chopped
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- salt to taste
- Wash the chicken breast and cut them into small sized pieces.In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned above except oil and chicken.
- Now add the chicken pieces to the paste and mix well and leave it inside for half an hour.
- Then heat 2 tbsp of oil in a heavy bottomed kadai and when hot add the marinated chicken pieces to it.
- Stir fry the chicken pieces until it changes color.
- Sprinkle some water and continue stir fry for 10 Min's or until the chicken is fully cooked and golden brown.
- Serve immediately.