Many of us have an aversion to soya chunks/nuggets, usually kids and tends to be put in an unfavourable category as well. But it has a lot going for it. It's an excellent source of protein and has many essential vitamins and minerals. Then i thought why don't i add this unfavorite ingredient to an everyone's favourite recipe. Then my mind strikes the recipe Scrambled eggs/ Egg bhurji...i think it would be most favorite's. Try out this recipe.
- 10 nos of Soya chunks
- 3 or 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp of Mustard seeds
- 2 medium sized Onion, finely chopped
- 5 green chillies, finely chopped
- few Curry leaves, finely chopped
- 1 or 2 tbsp of Oil
- Salt to taste
- Soak the soya chunks in water for about 10 to 15 Min's and keep aside.
- Squeeze the excess water from soya and finely chop them and keep.
- Heat oil in a kadai/wok/pan, when hot add the mustard seeds to it and allow it to splutter.
- Then add the finely chopped onions, green chillies, curry leaves to it and fry them till it turns translucent.
- After that add the chopped soya chunks to it and keep sautéing for 5 Min's.
- Add salt to it and mix well.
- Break the eggs to it and mix well and keep sautéing till the eggs are cooked.
- Serve hot with rice or parathas.