Chickpeas chaat/Chana chaat is a spicy, tangy and healthy street food from India. This can be served as a starter or evening snack with tea. This works as a salad too. This can be quickly done when you have boiled chickpeas in hand. Either you can use black chickpeas or the white ones/ kabuli chana.
I have used raw mango here in this recipe.You can skip it also when you don't have raw mango in hand. I like to add raw mango so that it gives a light crunch to the recipe. This is easy to prepare and also a very healthy recipe. I have given the measurements/ quantity what i follow. But you can taste and adjust the quantity according to your preference.
- 1 cup Chickpeas/ Chana
- 1 Onion, small sized, finely chopped
- 1 small Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 slices of a medium sized RawMango, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 Green Chilly, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Red chilly powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Amchoor powder/ Raw Mango powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder/ jeera powder
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Black salt to taste
- Few Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Soak the dry chickpeas ovenight or for 8 hrs and pressure cook them with enough water for 4 to 6 whistles.
- When the pressure is released from the cooker, drain the chickpeas with the help of a strainer and allow them to cool.
- Once cooled transfer the chickpeas to a large bowl.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, combine and mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.