For the Kofta:
Potato - 3
Bread - 2 slices
Green chillies - 2
Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
Onion - 1 small one
Coriander leaves few
Palak leaves few
Oil for deep frying
For the Gravy:
Palak - 3 bunches
Onions - 2
Milk - 1 cup
Ginger Root - 1" piece
Chilly powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Butter - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Pressure cook potatoes and mash them thoroughly.
- Soak bread in water and squeeze and add to the potatoes.
- Finely cut onion, green chillies, coriander leaves, small amount of palak and add to the potatoes.
- Finally add garam masala powder and salt and mix them well.
- Make small balls and deep fry them in hot oil and keep aside.
- Chop the onions, mince the ginger root and chop the palak.
- Heat a tsp of oil in the pan and fry the palak with little sugar added to it. Sprinkle water if needed. Fry for 2 to 3 Min's.
- Let it cool, then grind it to a smooth paste.
- Heat butter in a pan, add the chopped onion and ginger and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add the ground palak, milk, salt, chilly and turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Boil till the gravy becomes thick.
- Add koftas to it just before removing from fire.
- Garnish with cheese.