Potatoes is a favorite with most of us. And this always makes a super and yummy side dish for rice. Along with potato i added some capsicum which was lying inside the fridge for so many days and made this simple side dish - Potato and Capsicum fry. If you have boiled potatoes ready, this can be done in few minutes using just a few handy ingredients.
- Capsicum - 1, chopped
- Potato - 1, boiled and chopped
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds, crushed - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Heat oil in pan, when hot add cumin and coriander seeds and fry for few seconds.
- Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute for 15 seconds.
- Next add the chopped capsicum pieces along with chilly and turmeric powder to it and cook for few Min's in medium flame.
- Now add the potatoes and salt to it and mix them well and cook for another one min.
- Serve hot with rice and sambhar/rasam/curd.