After a short break, i'm back to blogging now. And i'm back with a sweet recipe called Oats and Walnut ladoo. Because i love the nutty flavor of walnuts, i have used only walnuts in this recipe, you can even substitute mixed dry fruits instead of it and also i have used the sweetener called Karumbu Sakkarai/ Nattu sakkarai in Tamil (Natural unrefined cane sugar). This dessert is simple, healthy and easy to make also. Here comes the recipe.
- 2 cups or 100 gms of Quick Oats
- 1 cup of powdered Karumbu Sarkarai/ Nattu Sarkarai
(Natural unrefined cane sugar) or substitute White Sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 tbsp of Ghee
- enough Milk to make ladoos
- Dry roast the oats in a wok for 2 to 3 minutes (Do not burn). Allow them to cool.
- Grind the oats to powder in a mixer.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Add the powdered sugar to it and mix well.
- Fry the walnuts in 1 tbsp of ghee and add to the bowl.
- Pour the milk little by little and make balls out of the mixture and allow them to rest for few minutes and serve them.