Hi everyone..hope you all had a great weekend. This weekend i made a simple recipe with tofu. As we all know tofu is a soyabean curd made from soya milk, has low cholesterol and fat content. Since it has a delicate flavor it taste best when you add seasoning or marinades and then cooking them. So i just made a simple starter recipe with tofu. This is very simple and really easy to do also.Ingredients
- 100 gms of Tofu
- 1 tbsp Hung Curd
- 1 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Corainder powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala powder
- a pinch of Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 sprig of Corainder and Mint leaves each, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Bengal Gram flour
- 1 tsp of Corn flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- Slice the tofu into desired shapes and keep aside
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients expect Tofu and oil.
- Coat the marinade over tofu slices and keep for 15 to 30 Min's
- Heat oil in a non stick pan, when hot place the marinated tofu slices and shallow fry on both side still golden brown in color and keep aside.
- If u have the leftover marinade mixture pour over the same pan(remove any excess oil) and bring it to boil and pour over the tofu and serve.
* To remove excess moisture from tofu place them on kitchen towl and press with a flat spatula gently.
* It's best to use a non stick pan while frying.
* Instead of pan frying tofu you can either grill, microwave or bake them.