A side dish made with potato and green beans cooked in spice and coconut paste. This goes perfect with hot rotis/ chappathi. Here is the recipe.
- 50 gms of Green Beans, chopped
- 100 gms of Potato, boiled, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 pieces of Cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 Onion, medium sized,peeled, chopped lengthwise
- 2 Tomatoes, medium sized, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp of Chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder
- few Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp of Oil
- 1 piece Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 Cloves
- 3 tbsp of grated coconut
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Grind the ingredients to a smooth paste by adding little water mentioned above list to grind and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok/ kadai/ pan, add cinnamon sticks and cloves and fry for 30 seconds.
- Then add the chopped onions to it and fry till it becomes translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste to it and saute for few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes to it and pinch of salt to it and saute till it becomes soft
- Then add the potatoes, ground paste, chilly powder, turmeric powder and 1/2 cup of water and mix well.
- Close the lid and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or till the potatoes are 3/4 th done.
- Then add the chopped green beans, salt, mix well and cook for 5 Min's or till the gravy becomes thick.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti.