I wanted to cook something light and healthy meal for lunch after having a heavy breakfast.....so I decided to toss some rice with vegetables. Then i looked into my fridge... there was leftover broccoli florets after making some broccoli stuffed paratha. Then i decided to do broccoli rice. I know it is difficult to eat this veggie...hence i chopped them very finely and also added some green peas to it. This is a quick and healthy lunch box idea. Serve with your favourite side dish and raitha.
- 100 gms Broccoli, stem removed, very finely chopped
- 50 gms boiled Green Peas
- 2 cups of Cooked Rice
- 2 Onion, medium sized, chopped length wise
- 3 Green chillies, slit
- 1" Cinnamon Stick
- 2 Cloves
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- Few Curry leaves (optional)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat oil in a kadai, when hot, add cinnamon sticks, cloves and fry for few seconds.
- Then add jeera/cumin seeds and fry.
- Add onions, green chillies to it and saute till it turns translucent.
- Then add the finely chopped broccoli and saute till its cooked and the raw smell goes.
- Then mix in boiled green peas.
- Add salt and rice, mix gently. Switch off the flame and add lemon juice to it and gently mix with the rice and serve with your favourite side dish.