Hi friends, hope you are all doing good. I was not quite regular in blogging for the past couple of months. So many things kept me away from blogging, but i'm back now. So i'm starting this New Year with a cupcake post. I love chocolate and so here is one of my favourite chocolate butterfly cupcake recipe. Its very easy to prepare and and i'm sure kids will love this and also, it is a perfect recipe to bake with kids.
Reference : Good eating BAKING
Makes 6 Cupcakes
Makes 6 Cupcakes
- 65 gms of unsalted Butter
- 65 gms of Castor Sugar
- 80 gms of Self-rasing flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 10 gms of Plain Chocolate, Melted
- Icing Sugar for dusting
Lemon Buttercream Icing
- 50 gms of unsalted Butter
- 100 gms of Icing Sugar
- grated rind of Lemon
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Line the muffin trays with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl place butter, sugar, flour, cocoa powder and egg and beat with the help of hand blender and blend it untill smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the melted Chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases/cupcake liners, filling them three quarters full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 Min's. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make frosting. Place butter in a large bowl and beat until smooth. Gradually beat in icing sugar. Then beat in the lemon rind and gradually add lemon juice, beating well.
- Cut the top of each cake using a serrated knife, you will get a round slice. Cut them into half/two pieces. Spread or pipe the frosting over the cut surface of each cake and push the two pieces of cake top into the icing to form wings. Dust with icing sugar.
Sending this recipe to Bakefest #15 event hosted by Sumee's Culinary Journey, started by Vardhini of Cooks Joy.