Raw Rice - 1 cup
Split Green Gram - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 3 tsp
Cashew Nuts - 7
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies - 2
Ginger root - 1" piece
Whole Black Pepper - 1 tsp
Garlic pods - 2
Few Curry leaves
- Mix rice and moong dal. Wash it and keep aside.
- Cut green chillies and ginger into fine pieces , smash garlic pods, crush black pepper and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in pressure cooker, add cashew nuts to it.
- Then add cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and pepper to it.
- When all splutters add rice and moong dal and add 3 cups of water to it.
- Finally add salt to it. Mix well.
- Pressure cook for 5 whistles.
- Serve with coconut chutney, sambhar and vada.