This is going to participate in " Side Dish for Chapathi " event hosted by Vicky Xavier of Viki's Kitchen.
Tomatoes - 2
Cabbage - 1 cup
Peas - 1/2 cup
Cinnamon - 1 stick
Cloves - 2
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
To Make Paste
Garlic - 4 cloves
Aniseed - 1/4 tbsp
Red Chillies - 5
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Cut onions, tomatoes and cabbage finely.
- Grind the masala and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon, cloves and fry for few Min's.
- Add onions and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Then add tomatoes and fry for few more Min's.
- Now add cabbage and peas and fry till cabbage becomes tender.
- Then add grounded masala paste, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add enough water and boil till the gravy becomes thick.
- Serve hot with chapathi.
Recipe from Mallika Badrinath Cookbook.