Paneer Peas Pulao is a very popular recipe. I tried this recipe for yesterday's lunch and served with chicken masala as side dish. I love the combo of paneer and peas. This pulao is easy and simple to make and yet delicious too.
- Basmati Rice - 2 cup
- Onion, chopped lengthwise - 1
- Green Chillies - 2, chopped
- Peas - 1/2 cup
- Paneer - 100 gms, cut into cubes.
- Cinnamon - 2 sticks
- Cloves - 3
- Star Anise - 1
- Cashew Nuts - few
- Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seed powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook basmati rice along with peas with enough water and spread it on a plate to cool and reserve it.
- Deep fry paneer cubes and keep them lukewarm water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, add cinnamon , cloves, cashew nuts, star anise and fry for 1 Min.
- Then add salt, pepper powder, cumin powder and coriander powder to it and fry till raw smell goes off.
- Add add onions, green chillies and fry till it becomes golden brown.
- Add cooked rice with peas and paneer cubes and mix well and serve hot.
This is going to participate in " EFM-Variety Rice Recipes " event hosted by SriLekha.