Today's recipe is an easy, tasty, interesting recipe to add proteins to your diet - Egg and drumstick curry. This is cooked in tamarind gravy and lots of curry leaves are added to enhance the flavour. This tangy egg curry is just awesome when eaten with plain rice and Dal. One of my favourite combo and here's the recipe.
- Egg - 2 Nos
- Drumsticks - 2, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Dry Red Chillies - 4
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Tamarind pulp - 1 tbsp
- Dry Red Chilly powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry Leaves - 4 sprigs
- oil - 1 tbsp
- Boil the eggs in water for 6 to 8 Min's and remove the shell.
- Drizzle some oil in a hot wok and a pinch of turmeric powder and fry the eggs in it for 2 Min's and make few holes with fork and keep aside.
- Cook the drumstick in boiling water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and once hot, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add the dry red chillies and curry leaves to it and saute till the flavour comes out.
- Add the chopped onions and saute till they become golden brown in colour.
- Now add the tamarind pulp with little water to it and then add chilly powder, turmeric powder and salt and cook for 2 Min's in medium flame.
- Now its time to add the egg and drumstick pieces and mix them well and cook in medium flame for 2 Min's.
- Serve them hot with rice.