Hi All!..Hope everybody had a safe and wonderful Diwali. Thank you everyone for your lovely wishes.Had been to hometown cbe for diwali and had a great time with my family members. Now coming to today's recipe, this is a simple side dish called sweet potato roast. Sweet potato(Sarkaraivalli Kilangu in Tamil) are our favorite and are eaten just by pressure cooking them.Then i thought why don't i try this like potato fry and ended up making this recipe. This is an absolutely tasty side dish and goes well with hot rice and sambhar/rasam/curd.
- 1/4 kg Sweet Potato
- 10 shallots, peeled and minced or 1 red onion minced
- 1/2 Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Chilly powder ( adjust accordingly )
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- Few Curry leaves
- Cook the sweet potatoes in hot water till its half done, Strain the water and allow it to cool.
- Peel the skin and cut into one inch roundels and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, when hot add minced onion, ginger garlic paste, chilly powder, curry leaves together and saute for one Min's.
- Next add the salt and sweet potato roundels and mix well gently and cook for another 3 to 5 Min's. Saute gently twice or thrice in between.
- Serve with hot rice and Sambhar/Rasam/Curd.