I love soup at any time of the year but particularly in winter.I could say it's a comfort food on cold winter mornings as they warm up from inside. Hence i just love winter and soup. So today's recipe is a very easy tomato soup which is my all time favorite soup. It taste best when served with bread chunks. Here is the piping hot ladleful of tomato soup.
- 1 Onion,medium sized roughly chopped
- 3 Tomatoes, medium sized roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- a pinch of Turmeric powder
- Few Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add cumin seeds, garlic and peppercorns to it and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the roughly chopped onions and fry for 1 minute or till it turns pink, do not fry golden brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook till it becomes soft.
- Cool and then blend it in a mixer to get smooth puree.
- Transfer the mixture to saucepan and add 3 cups of water, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Bring it to boil, switch off the flame,
- Strain the mixture through a strainer, you can skip this step also.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with bread sticks.