Chickpeas/Channa Dal are high in protein. And also high in fiber and helps to lower cholesterol. They are versatile to cook. They can be used in soups, salads, snacks etc. Here is the delicious and healthy recipe for lunchbox. you can add your favorite veggies in addition to chickpeas. So here it is the protein packed rice.
Rice - 1 cup
Chickpeas - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Green Chillies - 2
Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
Dry Red Chillies - 3
Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves - few
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Soak the chickpeas overnight and pressure cook it on the next day.
- Cook the rice with enough water and keep aside.
- Dry fry fenugreek, coriander seeds and dry red chillies and grind them to a powder.
- Heat oil in a wok, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, let them splutter and then add curry leaves and green chillies to it.
- Add the grounded powder and fry for 2 Min's.
- Then add chickpeas, rice and salt to it and mix well.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on rice and serve.