While i was thinking what to prepare for today's lunch and also felt lazy ( but not lazy to take photos :)... ) to cut vegetables then i saw some left over readymade tomato puree in my fridge. I thought i will make Tomato rice. Then just chopped only onions for this recipe. It's a simple, easy and quick variety rice recipe. I used basmati rice for this. So i prepared this tomato rice in few minutes. I didn't use any masala ingredients to this. I made it very simple. It was tasty because of basmati rice or ready made tomato puree i dont know but trust me it was very yummy.
- Onion - 1, chopped
- Ready made Tomato Puree - 100 ml
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Curry leaves - few
- Dry Red Chillies - 3
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak the rice for ten mins and drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves and allow it to splutter.
- Then add chopped onion and fry onion turn golden brown in color.
- Add the tomato puree and cook for one min.
- Then add enough water and salt and mix well.
- When water starts boiling, add the basmati rice to it and mix well.
- Cook the rice in low flame till done and serve hot with potato chips or potato fry.