Lemon Rice is of the popular and common rice dish in South India.Its very easy and prepared in jiffy when you have cooked rice in hand or you have any leftover rice in the fridge you can use that too. It is perfect for picnics and also when you feel lazy and don't feel like spending much time in the kitchen this recipe is a good option. It's taste wonderful when served with potato fry. Here's the recipe.Ingredients
- Cooked Rice - 2 cups
- Split Bengal gram - 1 tbsp
- Roasted Groundnuts - few (optional)
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Green Chillies- 4, slit lengthwise
- Curry Leaves few
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon juice from one
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan/ kadai / wok, when hot add split bengal gram and fry till its turn brown in color. Then add mustard seed and allow it to splutter.
- Add green chillies,turmeric powder, curry leaves, roasted groundnuts and salt fry for 1 min(do not burn).
- Then add the cooked rice to it and mix well.
- Cut the lemon into half and take out the seeds, turn of the flame and squeeze the juice to the rice and mix well and serve.
- Cooked rice should be completely cool before adding to kadai, other wise it will become soggy.
- Do not squeeze the lemon with seeds to the rice otherwise it taste bitter sometimes.